Tom Kha Soup is famous for its silky taste and aromatic flavor, made with coconut milk broth simmered with chicken, tofu, shrimp or fish, vegetables and basil. It is often served over rice for a more filling meal. The complex flavors are rich, sour, salty and spicy all at the same time.
Everything in our Thai for Two Tom Kha Soup cooking kit comply with global standards for organic certified ingredients.
5 EAST STEPS FOR AUTHENTIC TOM KHA SOUP
- Add 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) water to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add Organic Coconut Milk and stir; bring to a boil.
- Add Organic Dried Herbs and continue boiling until the mixture starts to release its aroma (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add your desired meat or protein and vegetables (raw); boiil until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add Organic Tom Kha Soup seasoning sachet into the mixture. Stir well and serve.
Sprinkle Organic Ground Hot Chili for extra spiciness. Can be served over rice for a more substantial meal.
Tom Kha Soup combination suggestions:
- Shrimp, mushrooms, and red peppers
- Shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and mushroom
- Chicken, mushroom, and spring onions
- Cod, haddock, or sea bass, and white button mushrooms
- Tofu, red onions, and zucchini
- Tofu, tomato, and mushrooms
For the more adventurous palate...
- Thai eggplant is round, green, and found in most Asian markets. Occasionally you will also find Pea Eggplant there too. When cooked, both of these eggplants become softer and absorb the flavor of the sauce.
- Bok Choy and Chinese Broccoli are traditional and nutrient dense vegetable additions to Thai curry, and are available in most supermarkets
The best thing about our Thai for Two cooking kits is you can customize them in countless ways. Use the fresh vegetables found at your local farmers market. Not sure how to prepare duck? Toss it in here! Use tofu or seitan on meatless Monday. The possibilities are endless, and totally up to you! Did you make a particularly good combination? Post in the comments!