Verve Cultures Molcajete was featured in a TravelBlogue's article "Missing Mexico this Cinco de Mayo? Here's How to Celebrate at Home"
It may look like a mortar and pestle set, but unlike a grinder, the coarse volcanic stone material is actually a flavor enhancer, releasing oils from guacamole ingredients. Verve Culture makes a good one that will amp up your guac.
3 avocados, peeled
2 tbsp. diced red onion
1 tsp. diced jalapeno pepper
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
¾ tsp. salt
1 – 2 limes
1. Add onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to molcajete, along with the salt and the juice of one lime.
2. Grind into a paste using the tejolote, or pestle.
3. Add the peeled avocados, and use the tejolote to combine.
4. Add more salt or another squeeze of lime to taste.
5. Serve immediately with warm tortilla chips or on tacos, burritos, or tostadas. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator; save a pit to keep in the guacamole to extend its shelf life."
View Full Article Here >>
Featured Product: Molcajete