Organic Spa Magazine
Verve Culture's Red Cast Iron Tortilla Press Kit and Molcajete were featured in Organic Spa Magazine's article on great ways to celebrate Cinco De Mayo!
"I’ve been craving tortillas throughout the stay-at-home time, and they aren’t always easy to come by, these days, in NYC--so I decided to make my own with Verve Culture’s Tortilla Press Kit. It is so easy, and these tortillas taste much better than store-bought. That is, if you can get your hands on masa corn flour. If not, you can substitute corn meal. (For every 2 cups of masa harina, substitute 2/3 cup cornmeal and 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour.) But it won’t be quite as good!
Here is the recipe:
- *Mix equal parts masa corn flour with water.
- *Make a golf ball-sized dough, put it in the press, and close it.
- *Press once, rotate, and gently press again.
- *Cook approximately one minute on each side.
- *Wrap in a cloth napkin to keep them warm.
The molcajete in this festive set is styled after the traditional centuries-old mortar and pestle used by Mexican cooks to pulverize spices for sauces and moles and blend ingredients for guacamole. The basket is a pretty accent to any table, and a great way to serve chips of tortillas."-