Garganelli is a popular Italian pasta shape that is similar to penne, but with ridges that make it even better for holding sauce. In this article, we'll guide you through a step-by-step recipe for making homemade garganelli from scratch. So grab your Verve Culture Garganelli Board and lets get started!
- 2 cups of all-purpose or "00" flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Start by making the pasta dough. Combine the flour and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and crack the eggs into the well. Add the olive oil.
- Using a fork, begin to whisk the eggs while gradually incorporating the flour from the edges of the well. Continue to mix until the dough comes together in a shaggy mass.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 10-15 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, divide it into four equal pieces. Working with one piece at a time, roll it out into a thin sheet using a pasta roller or a rolling pin.
- Cut the pasta sheet into squares, approximately 2-3 inches in size.
- Place one piece of dough on your Garganelli Board and roll the dough away from you around the rod until formed into a tube. Continue this with the rest of your dough.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the garganelli and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through but still firm to the bite.
- Drain the pasta and serve hot with your favorite sauce. If you would like something simple yet delicious try our Truffle Set, add a spoonful of truffle sauce, a small slice of truffle butter while the pasta is still hot, and add truffle salt as needed!
A tasty alternative to our truffle collection is our Pasta Sauce Sampler Set.
Making homemade garganelli is a fun and rewarding activity that will impress your guests. Customize this recipe to suit your taste and enjoy the delicious flavors of homemade garganelli!