The secret to this recipe is not overcooking the shrimp – you want them to be plump and juicy! Serves 6, but can easily be doubled or tripled.
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 medium sized white onion
1 1/2 lbs of uncooked shrimp, peeled, de-veined and cut lengthwise
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp. butter
1 to 2 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, and finely sliced
2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1/2 bunch of Italian parsley leaves (or if you prefer, cilantro), finely chopped
24 corn tortillas warmed on a skillet and wrapped in a cloth to keep warm
2 limes, quartered
COOKING AND ASSEMBLY
1. Heat Oil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat - until it just starts to smoke.
2. Add onions. Cook until they start to wilt (~1 minute).
3. Add shrimp. Cook until they start to turn pink.
4. Add butter, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook for another minute - be careful not to overcook the shrimp!
5. Turn off heat, add chopped parsley.Spoon the shrimp filling onto a warm tortilla. Serve with the lime wedges and extra hot sauce to taste. Enjoy!
Spoon the shrimp filling onto a warm tortilla. Serve with the lime wedges and extra hot sauce to taste.