A pillar of Italian cuisine — gnocchi.
There's something so decadent about a bowl of fluffy, light gnocchi covered in sauce.
Warm, soft and tasty, gnocchi is a simple, delicious family meal full of flavor and oh so very satisfying that will leave everyone wanting seconds.
RECIPE: ITALIAN POTATO GNOCCHI
- 1 lb potatoes ( clean but not peeled)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium egg
- Boil Potatoes. Cool, peel, mash.
- Mix flour & salt. Place on flat surface and make a well in the middle.
- Add potatoes & egg to the middle of the flour well. Mix to form soft dough.
- On floured surface, make 12" x 3/4" sheets of dough. Cut into 3/4" squares.
- Place one piece of dough on the gnocchi board and roll the dough away from you, using your thumb to press gently against the ridges.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the gnocchi until they float to the top.
- Serve with a simple butter and sage sauce, or your favorite basic tomato and garlic sauce.