If you are looking for an easy and flavorful appetizer, Bruschetta al Pomodoro is a perfect choice. This classic Italian dish is a combination of toasted bread, garlic, fresh tomatoes, and basil, making it a simple yet tasty way to kick off any meal. So grab your Verve Culture Charcuterie Board and lets get assembling!
- 8 slices artisan, crusty bread (0.5" thick)
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves
- Oregano to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). You can also toast each slice on a hot griddle with olive oil on both sides, cooking until nice char marks are formed.
- Drizzle olive oil over the bread slices and place them in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted/charred. If you choose to toast them on the griddle, do this after making your mixture.
- Dice your tomatoes, mince garlic, and hand tear basil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil. Mix well.
- Remove the toasted bread slices from the oven or griddle and top each slice with the tomato mixture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Bruschetta al Pomodoro is a simple yet delicious appetizer that you can easily prepare in your own kitchen. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or looking for a quick snack, Bruschetta al Pomodoro is sure to please everyone's taste buds!